Awards and Recognition
- Dr Suresh Mehta, Assistant professorcum-Junior Scientist, Department of Veterinary Anatomy & Histology, Ranchi Veterinary College, BAU received Dr AM Srivastava Gold Medal Award for writing the best Ph D thesis in Veterinary Anatomy during the year 2010.
- Dr. R.P. Singh nominated as regional representative for eastern region of Indian Society of Agricultural Marketing for the period of two year (i.e. 2010-2012).
- Dr. R.P. Singh nominated as executive member of Indian Society of Agricultural Economics from 2009-10.
- Dr. Rabindra Prasad received “Bharat Jyoti” award presented by IIFS New Delhi on 24th May 2010.
- Dr. Rabindra Prasad received “Best Citizens of India Award” conferred by Delhi Based International Publishing House, New Delhi.
- Dr. B.P. Singh, Chairman, Department of Soil Science and Agricultural Chemistry, Birsa Agricultural University, Kanke, Ranchi elected as a President, Indian Society of Soil Science, New Delhi for the year 2011 & 2012.
- Dr (Ms) Niva Bara awarded & recognized during Agro-tech Kisan Mela under Women Empowerment Programme.
- Dr. B.K. Jha is a member of Project Review & Steering Group (PRSG) for the IT Project being undertaken at JNKVV, Jabalpur.
- Dr. R.P.Singh: Nominated as executive member of the Agricultural Economics Research Association for the year 2009-2010. Nominated as executive member of Indian Society of Agricultural Economics for the year 2009-2010.
- Er. Mintu Job selected for Best Teacher Award (2010) by Faculty of Agriculture.
- Dr. P. Rai: Selected for Young Engineer Award 2009 by Institution of Engineer (India), Kolkata. Selected for APV Seligman Fellowship Award 2009 by Society of Chemical Industry (SCI), UK. Selected by National Agricultural Innovation Project (NAIP), ICAR for three months advance training in the area of Non-chemical/Non-thermal.
- Dr. Md. 1. A. Ansari selected for the post of Assistant Professor for Harmaya University, Eithopia in October, 2009.
- Ms Tajwar Izhar selected for INSPIRE - Fellowship (Professional) by Department of Science and Technology (DST), Govt. of India for Ph D research work.
- Dr. Jameel Akhtar selected for SPPS Fellow Award 2009-10.
- Dr. Savita Ekka awarded Gold Medal (2010) & Chancellor Medal (2010).
- Dr (Ms) Niva Bara awarded for best paper presentation on "Activity based Extension Intervention for Women in Agriculture" conferred by International Extension Forum & Deptt. of Agricultural Extension and Rural Sociology, TNAU, Coimbatore on5th December 2009.
- Dr. B.P. Singh, Univ. Professor (SSAC) & Dr. Rakesh Kumar, Assoc. Professor (SSAC) elected as member of Senate of BAU for the year 2009-11.
- Dr. B. Mishra, Chairman (SSAC) awarded Fellow of the Indian Society of Agricultural Chemists, Allahabad for the year 2008. Elected president of the Ranchi chapter of ISSS for the year 2009-2010. Member of judging committee of young scientist Award 2009 and 12th International Award 2009 of ISSS.
- Dr. Anita Pandey selected for Best teacher award (2010) by College of Biotechnology.
- Best Teacher Award (2005) – Birsa Agricultural
University - Dr. A.K. Sarkar.
- Project Coordinator, ICAR Network Project on Acid Soils
(2000-2005) – Dr. A.K. Sarkar.
- Principal Investigator, ICAR Niche Area of Excellence
Programme (2006 onwards) – Dr. A.K. Sarkar.
- Young Scientist Award (2007-08) – Centre for Science &
Technology, Govt. of UP.– Dr. Jameel Akhtar.
- Shiksha Ratna Award of India International Friendship
Society, New Delhi – Dr. (Mrs.) V. Kerketta.
- Vasant Rao Naik Award of ICAR – 2007 – Er. D.K. Rusia.
- Appreciation award 2008 from Indian Soceity of
Veterinary Medicine. Dr. S. Haque.
- Award of Honour-2007 from Indian Society of Advancement
of Canine Practice - Dr. S. Haque.
- Appreciation Award in ISVM (2007-08) - Dr. A. Ahmad.
- Appreciation Award in ISVM (2007-08) - Dr. Swati Sahay.
- Appreciation Award in ISVM (2007-08) - Dr. Abhishek
- Best Scientist Award (BAU) 2000-2001 - Dr. S.K. Singh
- Best Young Scientist Award (BAU) 1999-2000 - Dr. A.K.
- Best Young Scientist Award (BAU) 2000-2001 - Dr. S.
- Rashtriya Gaurav Award instituted by IIFS, New Delhi
(2004-05) – Dr. Devendra Prasad.
- Eminent Citizen of India Award (2008) – Dr. A.K. Sinha
- Vice-President, Indian Society of Soil Science (2008) –
Dr. B.P. Singh.
- FAI, Silver Jubilee Best Doctoral Research on Fertilizer
Use (2001) – Dr. S. Karmakar.
- Appointed Deputy Director SAARC, Dhaka, Bangladesh
(2009) – Dr. S.K. Pal